What is a Scouse?
Living in Manchester you quickly learn about the Liverpool rivalry. It is a deep rooted rivalry that is usually only expressed in football. Occasionally you stumble upon a nutter like the pretentious snob who takes it too far. A Scouse is a term used for people from Liverpool. I personally have met many lovely Socuse and do not take the rivalry too seriously.
Before Easter I was contacted by a suitor I call the Scouse via a social networking website. He could have had many nicknames or ways to be remembered. In the months that followed facts about him that are revealed that he is from Liverpool, a graphic artist, drinks quite a bit, Irish decent, Catholic, dabbles in cocaine, got into a brawl and dated strippers in his past. I kinda feel the need to post about him when on Tuesday after officially submitting my dissertation I was walking thru Chinatown to my favorite sushi restaurant when I passed the Scouse sitting on a bench taking pictures.
We started off really well. Our first date we watched Manchester United in a Champions League match at a pub, had a quiet dinner then went to a casino and had a fabulous time. Second date was fun as well. I introduced him to Sushi and saki then we had some drinks around town. He kissed me on the cheek and offered to pay for my cab home but I declined. it was such a good date he almost left the last train to come to my place but I didn't get to the phone in time. However, after two dates he seemed as if he lost interest. I went on my first date with Budapest and time slipped away.
After about 2 weeks of no contact he is begging me to come to his place so he can cook for me. At this meeting 1 the food was awful but at least he tried and 2 i had to let him know some ground rules. If I do not hear from you I am unaware you are interested. I in turn will see other people. I spent the night at his place in his bed and he still did not try ANYTHING not even a kiss. strange huh? Well after that I traveled and we lost contact.
We started chatting via a messenger service and he reveals, he likes me but he is not over his ex. So i say that's fine we are just friends. I have had another date with Budapest at this point I was not waiting for a text, or call from the Scouse. I did go to his house in July for his birthday. This is when he explains why the previous evening he text me at 5am from outside my house. He was celebrating his birthday with co workers when he got extremely wasted, went to the strip club, got in a brawl and arrived at my place stinking drunk. What was the brawl about? COCAINE! oh HELL NO! I do not need that in my life. As I am sitting there with him and he is telling me this outlandish but true story I told him he was in time out.
I can not take his behavior. 3 bottles of wine later we are in his bed. We are making out and he beginning to hump my thigh like a horny dog...ummm no I am a grown woman that is NOT satisfying for me at all. I later learn form him it has something to do with his Catholic guilt. I have my own religious guilt I can not take on his too.
Last week he told me he is looking to detox his life. I think that is good for him. He drinks almost on a daily basis and dabble in coke occasionally and doesn't have a good diet and smokes occasionally. However, he is attempting to do this all alone. He does not have a support system no one in his family is aware he is trying to cut out all these things and the people he works with go to the pub for lunch and after work. Since bumping into him on Tuesday I am sure he is back to drinking again...what a mess. but for now we will just call him the Scouse.
Before Easter I was contacted by a suitor I call the Scouse via a social networking website. He could have had many nicknames or ways to be remembered. In the months that followed facts about him that are revealed that he is from Liverpool, a graphic artist, drinks quite a bit, Irish decent, Catholic, dabbles in cocaine, got into a brawl and dated strippers in his past. I kinda feel the need to post about him when on Tuesday after officially submitting my dissertation I was walking thru Chinatown to my favorite sushi restaurant when I passed the Scouse sitting on a bench taking pictures.
We started off really well. Our first date we watched Manchester United in a Champions League match at a pub, had a quiet dinner then went to a casino and had a fabulous time. Second date was fun as well. I introduced him to Sushi and saki then we had some drinks around town. He kissed me on the cheek and offered to pay for my cab home but I declined. it was such a good date he almost left the last train to come to my place but I didn't get to the phone in time. However, after two dates he seemed as if he lost interest. I went on my first date with Budapest and time slipped away.
After about 2 weeks of no contact he is begging me to come to his place so he can cook for me. At this meeting 1 the food was awful but at least he tried and 2 i had to let him know some ground rules. If I do not hear from you I am unaware you are interested. I in turn will see other people. I spent the night at his place in his bed and he still did not try ANYTHING not even a kiss. strange huh? Well after that I traveled and we lost contact.
We started chatting via a messenger service and he reveals, he likes me but he is not over his ex. So i say that's fine we are just friends. I have had another date with Budapest at this point I was not waiting for a text, or call from the Scouse. I did go to his house in July for his birthday. This is when he explains why the previous evening he text me at 5am from outside my house. He was celebrating his birthday with co workers when he got extremely wasted, went to the strip club, got in a brawl and arrived at my place stinking drunk. What was the brawl about? COCAINE! oh HELL NO! I do not need that in my life. As I am sitting there with him and he is telling me this outlandish but true story I told him he was in time out.
I can not take his behavior. 3 bottles of wine later we are in his bed. We are making out and he beginning to hump my thigh like a horny dog...ummm no I am a grown woman that is NOT satisfying for me at all. I later learn form him it has something to do with his Catholic guilt. I have my own religious guilt I can not take on his too.
Last week he told me he is looking to detox his life. I think that is good for him. He drinks almost on a daily basis and dabble in coke occasionally and doesn't have a good diet and smokes occasionally. However, he is attempting to do this all alone. He does not have a support system no one in his family is aware he is trying to cut out all these things and the people he works with go to the pub for lunch and after work. Since bumping into him on Tuesday I am sure he is back to drinking again...what a mess. but for now we will just call him the Scouse.
Labels: Budapest, Pretensious Snob, Scouse


2 Comments:
At 24 August 2009 at 21:03 ,
The Skin I'm In said...
i think you should just call him HOTMESS.
At 24 August 2009 at 22:07 ,
Sims said...
lol @ hotmess. poor guy he needs to make up his mind...he seems to be flip-flopping all over the place.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home