Lemon Cake
Aside from men my interest also include fashion and cooking/baking. I am not sure how I will incorporate my fashion interest but for now here is a very simple low fat recipe for a vegan friendly lemon cake. As I had a dinner party I presented the Lemon cake with a summer fruit selection and fresh vanilla whipped cream.
Lemon Cake
Sift the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well but do not over mix. And bake at 350 degrees F (170 C 150 if fan assisted oven) . In a 8 x 8 inch ungreased pan for 30-40 mins. You will know it is done when toothpick or knife comes out clean.
can be made into cupcakes but start checking if done after 20 mins
This is an easy recipe to follow and modify. It is an excellent no fail chocolate cake as well as vanilla.
Since I was having guest over I drizzled a lemon glaze over top as soon as it came from the oven.
Lemon Glaze
2/3 cup confectioners (icing) sugar
2 tables spoons of fresh squeezed lemon
zest of 1/2 lemon
wish together till smooth might have to add more sugar.
Lemon Cake
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar or sugar substitute
1 tsp. baking soda
Dash salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. vinegar
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. orange juice
zest of 1 lemon
1 c. sugar or sugar substitute
1 tsp. baking soda
Dash salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. vinegar
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. orange juice
zest of 1 lemon
Sift the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well but do not over mix. And bake at 350 degrees F (170 C 150 if fan assisted oven) . In a 8 x 8 inch ungreased pan for 30-40 mins. You will know it is done when toothpick or knife comes out clean.
can be made into cupcakes but start checking if done after 20 mins
This is an easy recipe to follow and modify. It is an excellent no fail chocolate cake as well as vanilla.
Since I was having guest over I drizzled a lemon glaze over top as soon as it came from the oven.
Lemon Glaze
2/3 cup confectioners (icing) sugar
2 tables spoons of fresh squeezed lemon
zest of 1/2 lemon
wish together till smooth might have to add more sugar.
Labels: Lemon cake, Lemon Glaze dessert


1 Comments:
At 2 August 2009 at 19:19 ,
Veggie Blogger said...
this cake looks yummy. i look forward to altering it maybe i will make it a strawberry shortcake...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home