Love Will Tear Me Apart

American girl fumbling her way thru dating while living in the UK Interest, boys, cooking and fashion

Saturday, 25 July 2009

Its a sunny day go out to play

After having met a guy for coffee today I am beginning to think in my Internet dating social experiment I am on I am finding men on three dimensions.

1- I have met are on the
Internet dating because they are socially awkward. (the pretentious snob, cheapskate)

2-Many live at home with their parents ( not sure i can judge that but eh seems to be a trend)
Cheapskate
High 5
Pretentious Snob
Hockey Boy

3- they are restless spirit's with this yen, desire or plan to move far away with in 3 months of meeting me
High 5 (teaching in Cambodia)
Budapest (moving to Budapest to start a 2 yr masters course)
Hockey Boy (moving to Australia possible occupation when there is social work)

so far the only one who lives on his own is the graphic artist, the scouse. however, he has a huge bag of issues instead.

Well today I found myself saying yes to a quick coffee at Starbucks with a guy I will call Hockey Boy.

I met Hockey Boy on the free dating site around March. We have chatted on msn for too long but here is the thing. He is looking to move to Australia next year and he did want to meet me because at some point I am leaving. How lame? You wont meet someone cus eventually they will leave? That will lead to a very lonely life if that is the attitude you continue to keep. Then the truth finally came out. He didn't want to meet me because I would rather a boyfriend and he just wants a bit of fun (casual sex). Well there you have it? So why did you want to meet me today???

He was in town shopping so I met him late in the afternoon. After the coffee date with the cheapskate ( will blog about him at a later date) I stopped at the ATM, cash point, to get cash and off to Starbucks i go.

Well lets start with the positive.
He is built like a MAN! 6'3" nicely filled out for a lifetime of playing ice hockey. big blue eyes. well dressed. Loose/baggy dark denim with a well layers shirt and sweater combo.

The not so good part is a lifetime of playing hockey has left him with a nose that has been broken a few times.
Fair hair look like it can go blond in the summer
and thinning hair on top his head.

Hockey boy spoke a lot about his love for hockey and so he might not be to deep he is going to Oz next year and I will be moving to London in about 2 months. so he is perfectly suitable for casual dates and a little making out. after all THAT's a MAN!

He lives at home and seems like an alright guy so we might give it ago. I will keep you posted.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home